Pages

4.02.2011

What's For Dinner: Lasagna!

What I used:
2lbs hamburger meat*
6 lasagna noodles
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 egg
about 10oz oz diced tomatoes*
About 3 cups ricotta cheese*
8oz shredded mozzarella
(2) 8oz can tomato sauce*
6oz tomato paste
Garlic Powder
Parsley Flakes
Oregano
Basil
S&P

This pic doesn't include everything... lol.


*The original recipe lists 1.5lbs meat, (1) 8oz sauce, 7.5oz dice tomatoes, and 2 cups of ricotta. I just amped them up a bit.

------------------------

- Preheat oven to 375.

1. Boil noodles, strain. I laid them out on a plate afterward to help keep them from sticking.


2. Cook hamburger meat & 1 tsp garlic powder** on med-high.


3. Add tomatoes, paste, and sauce to meat. Add 1 tsp of oregano and basil, and 1/2 tsp of s&p. After it starts to boil, reduce heat to med-low and cook 15 min.


4. Mix ricotta cheese, egg, 1 tsp of parsley (not shown), and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese in medium bowl.


5. I think this was a 9x13 dish... Spray with Pam or any cooking spray. Layer 3 noodles, half ricotta/parmesan mix, half meat, half mozzarella. Repeat. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top.




6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes!
Sorry, no picture for this... I'm refrigerating mine for a couple of hours and baking it later (so it's hot when we're ready to eat!)

I'm fixing salad and rolls to go with it. :)

I have read that you can also do this ahead of time and freeze it. Just thaw & bake when you're ready for it. I'm going to do that -- it'd help me manage my long days of school & work!

Excluding the noodles, seasonings and egg... remaining lasagna ingredients, rolls, as well as things for a salad (carrots, cucumbers, tomato & lettuce) cost about $26. Not too bad if you ask me, considering the amount of food it yields! We need a lot of food... haha. I also made a chocolate cheesecake, but didn't get photos. :( That'll be my next food post! :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment?